Friday, February 03, 2006

Theodore Jasper





My long absences from this documentary usually spring from the time I spend writing lesson plans, making "process charts", grading papers--all that. Being locked in a 25x35-foot room for 8 hours a day with nine year-olds is not conducive to blogorrhea. Is there a cute techneologism for internet constipation?

Anyway--the picture above is of the little project my wife and I have been working on since Sunday. My wife has been working for a little longer than that. Heretofore I have avoided three subjects on these pages: politics, kittens (except for that one--reminds me: anyone want a kitten? We still have two of them...), and babies. This little man is so damn fascinating, though, that I might start posting nothing but baby pictures, fifty times a day. What would you rather look at, pictures of decayed industrial structures, pictures of sheep in tracksuits, or pictures of a baby?

7 Comments:

Blogger David said...

[Lori}: Why can't Theodore Jasper and sheeps being kept clean co-exist? I bet Theodore Jasper likes sheep...or will like sheep. I mean, look how much he likes that blanket.
An excellent photo, by the way. We want more Jasper!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Portipont said...

I suppose that, come this summer's Howard County Fair, we could try to persuade a 4H kid to let a swaddled infant ride on a track-suited sheep. It might be harder to get the 4H kid to let us stage the photo op in an abandoned steel mill or crumbling grain silo.
I'll work on it.

11:25 PM  
Blogger nutty bird said...

Speaking of kittens, how is Scout handling your new resident?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Portipont said...

Not too well--but more indifferently than with active dislike. I think that sounds the baby makes drive him a little nuts. Bonus for him is that there are even more little piles of soft things for him to sleep in. More laundry, more blankets.

11:19 PM  
Blogger nutty bird said...

When my nephew was a tiny thing, the cats slept with him in his crib. He had his own little fur coat.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute baby! He is very handsome, like his father.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theodore is darn cute. Please more baby pictures!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home