Thursday, August 30, 2012

Has Facebook killed off blogging as a medium of communication?  Do people still blog?  Do people still read blogs?  Do the kids even know what the word "blog" means and refers to?
I know that this space has (like how I elided into the non-personal there, providing some emotional cushion for myself?) never had more than a handfull of readers.  So what.  But it feels different, now, than when I left off posting things here in '08.  It feels, empty.
I suppose that Mitt Romney would have something to say about that, but that's not what I am talking about. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bookgirl said...

People still blog and others read said blogs. Then there are the promotional tools, your Facebook, your Twitter, your RSS feeds. (Well, not yours, but...) One cannot be witty every day...that's when one links to blog posts of others. The emptiness is an illusion, caused by the barrier you have created / want for yourself.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Portipont said...

Whoa.
I like the image of an illusory emptiness, an imagined void...

And--wait a minute! Whaddya mean I can't be witty every day? Who says? I thought that this 'live blog' thing was pretty witty, really. No? No?

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home