Thursday, July 12, 2012

Apology #1

To the cleaning staff of Vallco Shopping Mall, ca. 1981:
When I flushed the urinal, I guess I had noticed that the pipe was a little askew.  I didn't think much of it until after I had finished washing my hands, and heard the sound of running water.  By that time it was pouring out of the urinal onto the floor.
I was a shy kid, you understand.  The kind of painful shyness that can abet cowardice.  I should have found one of you and told you that your bathroom was flooding, rather than just leave, embarassed.  I know, there was not anything, really, to be embarassed about--but I was embarassed by almost everything then.
So, sorry for flooding the entire first floor down there by the pretzel place and the LazerDisc store.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Caswell said...

http://www.bigmallrat.com/shopping-malls/cupertino/cupertino-square-mall.html

8:29 PM  
Blogger Ms. Caswell said...

Sorry, forgot to say something with that link. That first floor was doomed anyway: 'escalator to nowhere.'

8:36 PM  
Blogger Portipont said...

Ha!
And: how sad.
My sister took ice skating lessons at the rink down in the bowels of that lower level--the food court was there, too.
I don't like malls, but there is something pathetic about a dying one that one who grew up in the 70s and 80s would be inhuman not to be affected by a teensy bit.
And, I think that it was a Mrs. Field's Cookies, not a pretzel place...

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home